Our mission is to be a catalyst for vibrant growth of each student in the Sequim Community. We strive towards achieving our mission by awarding teacher grants, academic scholarships, sponsoring programs, and assisting in creating opportunities for those students. Sequim Education Foundation’s vision is to inspire and support a lifelong love of learning.
SEF or Sequim Education Foundation was founded in 2001 by Lee Lawrence, Jim Pickett, and Jeanne Martin. SEF was incorporated in the State of Washington on May 4, 2001 by Jeanne Martin, Jim Pickett, Walt Schubert, and Alan Millet. These four individuals now serve the foundation as Hononary Members of the Board of Directors.
Stephen Moriarty is the legal counsel for Sequim Education Foundation and Jeanne Martin serves as the foundation’s CPA.
As a non-profit education foundation, SEF is approved to receive donations, gifts, bequests, and devises; manage and administer resources; and distribute funds, scholarships, and grants in support of Sequim’s school children.
Operating expenses are minimal, so more of every dollar goes directly to help Sequim public school students and their teachers. All of our board members are volunteers from the community and are not compensated for their time or participation with the foundation.
Board of Directors
- President: John Bridge
- Vice President: Philip Trowbridge
- Secretary: Linda De Ivernois
- Treasurer: Shelle Paulbitski
- Mini-Grants Chair: John Bridge
- Teaching Grant Chair:
- Development/Science Cafe Chair: Matilda Henry
- Scholarship Chair: Missy Church-Smith
- Director: Glenn Beach
- Director: Larry Jeffryes
- Director: Elna Kawal
- Executive Director: Jodi Olson
- Ex-Officio Member: Superintendent Gary Neal
- Sequim High School Student Representatives: Emily Bundy and Erin Dwyer
- Honorary Members and Founders: Lee Lawrence, Jeanne Martin, Alan Millet, Jim Pickett, Walt Schubert